ClamWin Portable antivirus is an open source antivirus solution that protects your data from all of the online threats. ClamWin Portable antivirus is an innovative security solution that empowers you to scan the files on the go. This is especially useful if you are one that carry sensitive information in your USB drive and use different PCs available to you as you travel.
The software can be downloaded and installed in the USB drive and it takes up just 56 MB of space. Soon after you open the program it automatically updates itself for the latest antivirus definitions.
The interface is quite simple and very user friendly with a tool bar and options for scanning. Although it takes a bit longer to scan the files than the main antivirus installed in the PC, its performance is quite good. It provides good protection against phishing, spam, and viruses. The scan can be stopped whenever you wish to. This saves your time while you are on the go. It is possible to carry the software in iPod, portable hard drive, CDs and USB drives for using it on any computer you wish to. With ClamWin Portable antivirus you can enjoy browsing without having to worry about your sensitive data being infected.
ClamWin Free Antivirus features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware
- Regular virus database updates. ClamAV team regularly updates virus databases to include a new virus/variant immediately after it appears
- Standalone Virus Scanner.
- Publisher: PortableApps.com (John T. Haller) and the ClamWin team
- Date updated: 2012-10-06
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL)
- Source Code: launcher(included), ClamWin
- MD5 Hash: 2ec2c77e39483a94bccebc968fc44135
- Downloads: over 7 million.